The Orenda Program: Overview
Based on 10,000 gallons
(37, 855 Litres)
- Test water chemistry, and input readings into the Orenda calculator. Email results to yourself for your records. Test for phosphates as well.
- Balance the water (according to the LSI). The calculator will tell you what you need.
- Purge the pool with Orenda products:
- 1 quart (32 oz.) of CV-600/700 enzymes
- 8 oz of PR-10,000 phosphate remover, or whatever the dosing chart on the bottle tells you to use, based on your phosphate readings.
- 1 quart (32 oz.) of SC-1000 scale and metal control
- *SC-1000 will initially wipe out chlorine for about 48 hours, so you must hand-feed chlorine to catch up.
- Once caught up, maintenance doses of SC-1000 do not noticeably lower chlorine levels.
- Re-test water chemistry, including phosphates. Adjust pool to LSI balance
- If you still have phosphates over 200ppb, we recommend using PR-10,000 as needed. Do not exceed 8 oz./10,000 gallons at a time.
- Clean filter as needed from phosphate remover precipitate
- Weekly maintenance dosing of Orenda Products:
- 3-5 oz. of CV-600/700 enzymes
- 3 oz. of SC-1000 scale and metal control
- Note your chlorine consumption. It may improve with use of Orenda products.
Always test water and balance the LSI; the Orenda calculator makes it easy. Consider using unstabilized chlorine once you have 15-30 ppm cyanuric acid (CYA) in the pool.
15-30 ppm is plenty for sun protection, yet low enough for adequate sanitation of the water.
Only use PR-10,000 on an as-needed basis, and follow the dosing instructions on the bottle.