Opening and Closing a Pool
Based on 10,000 gallons
(37, 855 Litres)
Spring Opening (recommended after pollen season, if possible)
- Test water chemistry, and input readings into the Orenda calculator. Balance the water (according to the LSI). The calculator will tell you what you need.
- Purge the pool with Orenda products:
- 1 qt. (32 oz.) of CV-600/700 enzymes
- 8 oz. of PR-10,000 phosphate remover, or whatever the dosing chart on the bottle tells you to use, based on your phosphate readings.
- 1 qt (32 oz.) of SC-1000 scale and metal control
- *SC-1000 will initially wipe out chlorine for about 48 hours, so you must hand-feed chlorine to catch up.
Fall Closing/Winterization (At least 24 hours prior to closing day)
- Use the Orenda App LSI Calculator to balance the water to the future winter temperature. The calculator will tell you exactly what you need.
- Add up to 8 oz. of PR-10,000 phosphate remover.
- Purge the pool with 1 qt. (32 oz.) of CV-600 enzymes.
Fall Closing/Winterization (final day)
- Test water chemistry again, and make sure you have enough calcium, alkalinity and pH to sustain LSI balance in the winter.
- Vacuum the pool and clean the filter
- Winterize as normal: lower water level, clear plumbing lines, cover the pool, etc.